Top 10 Most Effective Company Mission Statements
Purpose of Company Mission Statements
In general, the Company Mission Statement is meant to be a concise statement of the aims and values of an organization or individual. This statement identifies the organization’s purpose and drives the organization’s direction, price, quality, and relationships.
Top 10 List of Company Mission Statements*
Here is a list of our top 10 mission statements that best reflects their company’s purpose and direction.
1. To feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger. (Feeding America)
2. A Natural-Habitat Refuge Where Sick, Old and Needy Elephants Can Once Again Walk The Earth In Peace and Dignity. (The Elephant Sanctuary)
3. To prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. (American Diabetes Association)
4. Be the most efficient and innovative global provider of semiconductor solutions. (Micron)
5. To make, distribute & sell the finest quality all natural ice cream & euphoric concoctions with a continued commitment to incorporating wholesome, natural ingredients and promoting business practices that respect the Earth and the Environment. (Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream)
6. Create and facilitate opportunities for personal growth and global understanding through quality international education and cultural experiences. (Cultural Experience Abroad)
7. To inspire and empower people affected by cancer. (Livestrong)
8. We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. (Make-A-Wish Foundation)
9. To discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. (Bristol-Myers Squibb Company)
10. To give ordinary folk the chance to buy the same thing as rich people. (Wal-Mart)
*This list is not meant to be an endorsement of a company, its product offerings, or its operations. The list only serves to identify mission statements that are clear, targeted, and reflective of a company’s direction.
Read Related Article: What is an Effective Mission Statement?